Stephen Curry is a professional basketball player who currently plays for the Golden State Warriors in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was born on March 14, 1988, in Akron, Ohio, and grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina. Curry is considered one of the best basketball players in the world, known for his incredible shooting ability, ball handling skills, and basketball IQ.
Curry played college basketball at Davidson College, where he set numerous records and led his team to the Elite Eight of the NCAA tournament in 2008. He was selected seventh overall in the 2009 NBA draft by the Golden State Warriors, and he quickly established himself as a star in the league. Curry has won three NBA championships with the Warriors, and he has been named the league’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) twice.
Off the court, Curry is known for his philanthropic work and his outspokenness on social issues. He and his wife, Ayesha, founded the Eat. Learn. Play. Foundation in 2019, which aims to help kids in underserved communities. Curry has also been an advocate for gender equality and has spoken out against police brutality and other forms of systemic racism.
|Full Name||Wardell Stephen Curry II|
|Birthdate||March 14, 1988|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|Team||Golden State Warriors|
|NBA Championships||3 (2015, 2017, 2018)|
|NBA Most Valuable Player Awards||2 (2015, 2016)|
|NCAA Tournament||Elite Eight (2008)|
|NCAA All-American||Second team (2009)|
|NCAA Scoring Leader||(2009)|
|NCAA Three-Point Field Goals Leader||(2008-09)|
|Children||3 (Riley, Ryan, and Canon)|
|NBA champion||2015, 2017, 2018|
|NBA Most Valuable Player||2015, 2016|
|NBA All-Star Game selection||2014-2021|
|All-NBA First Team||2015, 2016, 2019|
|All-NBA Second Team||2014, 2017, 2018|
|NBA scoring champion||2021|
|NBA steals leader||2016|
|NBA Three-Point Contest champion||2015, 2016|
|NBA Sportsmanship Award||2011|
|NBA Executive of the Year (as part-owner of the Golden State Warriors)||2021|
|NBA Finals MVP (as part-owner of the Golden State Warriors)||2022|
Stephen Curry net worth
As of 2022, Stephen Curry’s net worth is estimated to be around $160 million according to Forbes. A large portion of his wealth comes from his NBA contracts and endorsements with major brands such as Under Armour, Chase, and Nissan. In addition to his basketball earnings, Curry has also invested in several business ventures, including a production company, an esports organization, and a tech startup, which have contributed to his overall net worth.
Some facts about Stephen Curry
- His father, Dell Curry, played in the NBA for 16 seasons and was a sharpshooter himself, which influenced Curry’s own shooting style.
- Curry played college basketball for Davidson College, where he led the team to the Elite Eight in the 2008 NCAA tournament.
- He was selected by the Golden State Warriors as the seventh overall pick in the 2009 NBA draft.
- Curry has won three NBA championships with the Golden State Warriors, in 2015, 2017, and 2018.
- He is known for his exceptional three-point shooting ability and has broken numerous records in this area, including the record for the most three-pointers made in a single NBA season (402 in 2015-16).
- Curry has also been named the NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP) twice, in 2015 and 2016.
- He is an avid golfer and has played in several professional golf tournaments, including the Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic in 2017 and 2018.
- Curry is involved in numerous philanthropic efforts, including his own foundation, the Stephen and Ayesha Curry Family Foundation, which supports education, youth development, and hunger relief initiatives.