Tom Sizemore is an American actor and producer who was born on November 29, 1961, in Detroit, Michigan, USA. He grew up in a working-class family and started acting in high school plays. He later attended Wayne State University in Detroit, where he majored in theatre.
Sizemore’s breakthrough role came in Oliver Stone’s 1991 film “JFK,” in which he played a detective. He went on to appear in a number of high-profile films, including “True Romance” (1993), “Natural Born Killers” (1994), “Heat” (1995), and “Saving Private Ryan” (1998).
Despite his success in Hollywood, Sizemore has struggled with drug addiction and legal troubles throughout his career. He has been arrested multiple times for drug possession and other offenses, and has spent time in jail and rehab.
Sizemore has also worked as a producer, and his production company, Sizemore Productions, has produced several films, including “Paparazzi” (2004) and “Durant’s Never Closes” (2016).
Overall, Tom Sizemore is known for his intense and dramatic performances on screen, as well as his personal struggles and legal troubles off screen.
|Born : November 29, 1961|
|Died : March 3, 2023|
|Nationality : American|
|Education : Wayne Sate University, Temple University|
|Zodiac : Sagittarius|
|Weight (Approx.): 72 kg (158 lbs)|
|Height (Approx.) : 5ft 10 ¼ (178.4 cm)|
|Occupation : Actor|
|Parents : Thomas Edward Sizemore|
|Spouse : Maeve Quinlan, judith Sizemore|
|Children’s : 2, Jagger Sizemore, Jayden Sizemore|
- Saving Private Ryan : Tom Sizemore played Technical Sergeant Michael Horvath, the second-in-command of Captain Miller’s squad of U.S. Army Rangers, in Steven Spielberg’s “Saving Private Ryan.” Horvath was depicted as a tough and loyal soldier with a sense of humor and empathy towards Private Ryan. Sizemore’s portrayal of Horvath received critical acclaim, and the film won several Academy Awards, including Best Director for Spielberg.
- Natural Born Killers : Tom Sizemore played Detective Jack Scagnetti, a corrupt detective who was obsessed with capturing the main characters Mickey and Mallory, a pair of killers, in the movie “Natural Born Killers” directed by Oliver Stone. Scagnetti was depicted as violent, unhinged, and sexually attracted to Mallory. Sizemore’s portrayal of the character was praised by critics for its intensity, and the film has since become a cult classic, although it was controversial for its depiction of violence.
- Strange Days : Tom Sizemore played Max Peltier, a private investigator and former police officer, in the movie “Strange Days” directed by Kathryn Bigelow. Max becomes involved in a dangerous conspiracy involving virtual reality technology, and throughout the film, he is depicted as a tough, streetwise character with a complex past. He is also shown as a loyal friend to the main character, Lenny Nero, and his portrayal was praised by critics for adding complexity to the film’s intricate plot. “Strange Days” has since become a cult classic, known for exploring themes such as race, violence, and technology’s impact on society.
- Devil in a Blue Dress :Tom Sizemore played the role of Dewitt Albright, a white man who hires the film’s main character, Easy Rawlins (played by Denzel Washington), to find a missing woman in 1940s Los Angeles. Throughout the film, Albright is depicted as a smooth-talking and morally ambiguous character who has connections to the city’s criminal underworld. As Easy delves deeper into the case, he begins to suspect that Albright is not telling him the whole truth about the missing woman and the real reasons behind his involvement. Sizemore’s portrayal of Albright was praised by critics, with some noting that he brought a sense of danger and unpredictability to the character. “Devil in a Blue Dress” was released in 1995 and has since become a cult classic, known for its neo-noir style and powerful performances by the cast, including Sizemore’s portrayal of Albright.
- Heat :om Sizemore played the role of Detective Sergeant Danny “Big Bear” Hoyt in the movie “Heat.” Hoyt was a member of the Los Angeles Police Department and one of the senior members of Vincent Hanna’s (played by Al Pacino) robbery-homicide unit. Throughout the film, Hoyt was depicted as a gruff and experienced cop who was fiercely loyal to his colleagues. Sizemore’s portrayal of Hoyt was praised by critics and his performance helped elevate the tension and realism of the film’s intense action scenes. “Heat” was directed by Michael Mann and was released in 1995.
|Primetime Emmy||1996||Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series||“NYPD Blue”||Sizemore won this award for his portrayal of Detective John Kelly in the episode “Lost Israel: Part 2.”|
|Screen Actors Guild||1996||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||“Heat”||Sizemore was part of the ensemble cast of this crime thriller directed by Michael Mann.|
|Screen Actors Guild||1998||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||“Saving Private Ryan”||Sizemore was part of the ensemble cast of this World War II drama directed by Steven Spielberg.|
|Online Film Critics Society||2000||Best Cast||“Red Planet”||Sizemore was part of the ensemble cast of this science fiction film about a mission to Mars.|
|Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films||2000||Best Supporting Actor||“Bringing Out the Dead”||Sizemore was nominated for his performance as a drug addict and former paramedic in this Martin Scorsese film.|
|Hollywood Film Festival||2001||Supporting Actor of the Year||“Black Hawk Down”||Sizemore was part of the ensemble cast of this war film directed by Ridley Scott.|
|DVD Exclusive Awards||2002||Best Supporting Actor||“Ticker”||Sizemore won this award for his role as a bomb squad leader in this action film.|
Tom Sizemore has an estimated net worth of $3 million as of February 2023 due to his many acting roles in television and films, as well as voice acting in videos and as producer of “The Genius Club”.
Some Facts about Tom Sizemore
- Before he became an actor, Sizemore worked as a model, a bartender, and a car salesman.
- Sizemore’s first acting role was in Oliver Stone’s “Born on the Fourth of July,” where he played a Vietnam veteran alongside Tom Cruise.
- Sizemore has appeared in several music videos, including Guns N’ Roses’ “Don’t Cry” and “November Rain.”
- In addition to his work as an actor, Sizemore has also directed and produced films, including the 2011 drama “Cellmates.”
- Sizemore has spoken publicly about his struggles with addiction and has been in and out of rehab throughout his career.
- In 2003, Sizemore was convicted of assaulting his then-girlfriend, the former “Hollywood Madam” Heidi Fleiss. He was sentenced to 6 months in jail and 3 years of probation.
- Sizemore has four children, including twin sons who were born in 2005.
- Sizemore is an animal lover and has been involved with several animal charities over the years.
- He is also a fan of football and is a supporter of the Detroit Lions.
- Sizemore has expressed an interest in writing and has published a memoir, “By Some Miracle I Made It Out of There,” about his life and career.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Who is Tom Sizemore?
Tom Sizemore is an American actor and producer. He has appeared in numerous films and television shows, including “Saving Private Ryan,” “Heat,” “Black Hawk Down,” and “Twin Peaks.”
What are Tom Sizemore’s most famous roles?
Tom Sizemore is best known for his roles in “Saving Private Ryan” as Sergeant Horvath, “Heat” as Michael Cheritto, and “Black Hawk Down” as Lieutenant Colonel Danny McKnight.
What is Tom Sizemore’s career background?
Tom Sizemore began his acting career in the late 1980s and gained recognition for his roles in “Born on the Fourth of July” and “True Romance.” He has appeared in over 100 films and television shows throughout his career.
Has Tom Sizemore had any legal troubles?
Yes, Tom Sizemore has had several legal issues, including drug addiction and domestic violence. He has been in and out of rehab multiple times and has had several run-ins with the law.
Is Tom Sizemore active on social media?
Tom Sizemore does not have an official social media presence. However, there are several fan accounts and pages dedicated to him on various social media platforms.
Has Tom Sizemore won any awards for his acting?
Tom Sizemore has been nominated for several awards throughout his career, including a Screen Actors Guild Award for his role in “Saving Private Ryan.” However, he has not won any major awards.
What is Tom Sizemore’s personal life like?
Tom Sizemore has had a tumultuous personal life, including struggles with addiction and legal issues. He has been married and divorced multiple